Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Discriminatory Practices

First Globals™ are the most likely of any generation to believe that employers who discriminate in employee hiring will be punished by the market, with 34.1% of First Globals strongly or somewhat agreeing with the above statement. The percentages of those agreeing with this statement declines as the age group increases, with only 23.7% of those over 65 strongly or somewhat agreeing that employers who discriminate in employee hiring will be punished by the market.

Why do you think young people have more confidence that the market will punish discriminatory employees? Do you agree with those who believe this is true? And if it is true, would it mean that affirmative action in hiring employees is unnecessary because the market would punish a discriminatory firm?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I notice you often write "First Globals™". I think you're misunderstanding what, exactly, trademarks are and how they're used.

JackWhistle said...

That's an odd one. I would assume that if it got out, most new globals would avoid that company. When I hear of a company that is doing things I consider "evil" I tend to avoid it. Maybe other First Globals are doing the same? I haven't heard of any companies around me that are discriminating, but if I did I would avoid it if I could, and advise others to do the same. Its the same thing as the quality of their merchandise. I advise everyone I know to stay away from companies like Dell and HP since they suck.
Anywho, for the last question: the idea that the market would be able to stop ALL forms of discrimination is retarded. Some kinds of discrimination people just don't give a crap about or wouldn't get enough circulation for real punitive actions. Your alluding to the idiotic unregulated "free markets" that the republicans are always trying to push on people. I should remind you that there is a difference between regulation and nationalization and a free market and an anarchic market.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site zogbyinternational.blogspot.com
Is this possible?